An Announcement

I was going to keep this a secret for a while, but I’m terribly bad at secrets. It’s a proven fact. Especially about “exciting” things, I just can’t keep my flap closed. And since Matt is also having a horrible time keeping this secret, I figured…why not?

That’s right folks, two lines…we’re pregnant! Apparently, I’m Fertile Myrtle.

We decided in December that we were ready to add to our little family, so I finished up my BC cycle and went off it in January. Then we started “trying”. By “trying”, I of course mean we just did it a bunch of times, as per usual, and WHAMBAM. Pregnancy? Matt is going to buy me a Staples “that was easy” button and duct tape it to my belly, because…well, that was easy?

We found out February 5th, 2011. I went to a walk in clinic on Wednesday night and they confirmed it. I’m just two days shy of five weeks, and my estimated due date is October 16th, 2011. I am absolutely excited about having an October baby, and…dare I say it…but I’m hoping the baby will be born on October 21st, my dad’s birthday! I doubt that the doctors would let me go five days past my due date, but it’d be sweet to give him a birthday grandbaby!

I know that most women don’t breathe a word of their pregnancy until they are passed the 12th week point. The doctor at the walk in clinic was kind enough to remind me {every time he opened his mouth} that there is a 1 in 5 chance for miscarriage, and he was kind enough to tell me not to “tell everybody just yet”. Nice huh? Definitely doesn’t help calm my nerves at all about this whole pregnancy thing.Ā  But the way I see it…either way, I’m going to blog about the results. I’m over the fear that telling people will “jinx” my pregnancy – I’m not even high risk for a miscarriage! Stressing about that isn’t good anyway. Besides, I spilled the beans about my pregnancy with Nolan just a mere days after finding out, and I was around 5 weeks then too.

We’ve alerted the troops {family} and some close friends, and now I’m alerting all of you. Deep breath.

I was going to wait until I was a little further along…but frankly? Keeping this a “secret” is pretty damn tiring. It’s happy news, so why not share it?! Not to mention, I’ve already “popped” a bit, and it’s already a little noticeable…

I didn’t look like that until about 20 weeks with Nolan! Crazy huh? I know, with your second you pop quickly so I’m trying not to get too offended by the fact that I can barely see my box when I sit down to pee and I’m only four {nearly five} weeks.

I’m super excited! This is our first “planned” pregnancy, but I feel as clueless as I did with Nolan! Seriously, it’s shocking just how much you forget about being pregnant until you’re pregnant again. I didn’t expect to be so exhausted {hence my lazy last couple of weeks}. I didn’t expect the dreams to start so early, either. I’m eating enough to feed a small village too. Thank goodness the nausea hasn’t set in! Although the smell {and look!} of fish is more than enough to turn my belly completely inside out. Of course, the look and smell of fish has always turned my stomach! Gross!!!

I’m also super impatient. How in the hell was I pregnant before? I’m impatient for my first ultrasound, to hear little bean’s heart beat, and to find out what sex little bean is. Boy or girl, it will most definitely be loved! Although I do have a secret desire for a girl, only because Matt says this is our LAST baby and I would like to have a daughter too. Boys are amazing, don’t get me wrong, but I’m hoping for that little girl – the outfits, the girly things, watching her be daddy’s little girl…so sweet! Plus it’s due time someone on Matt’s side had a girl!!! But if little bean happens to be a boy, then so be it! I’ll be just as happy with two little boys as I would be with a girl and a boy.

So, there you have it! There’s my big secret šŸ˜€ our big secret! Nolan’s known for quite some time. He keeps rubbing/tapping my belly and saying “baybeee!” So cute!

I have a feeling the next 9 months are going to fly by.

No Comments

1. Congratulations, Hon!
    And is it bad that I *figured* that was the announcement when I read you had a secret? XD

2. Karen

I am SOOOOO excited for you Mama! (p.s. I may have taken bets as to how long it would be before you told the internets.)

3. Congratulations!!! šŸ˜€ That’s so exciting and wonderful! Your baby belly is absolutely adorable. šŸ™‚

4. Well, I’m not going to spoil it for you, but you know that I know the exact birth day of your second kid. šŸ˜‰ Congrats to the whole family!

5. eeeeeeek!! so exciting! im so happy for your growing family! and i feel the same way about really wanting a little girl next but think life with two boys will be just as fun!!

6. I had a feeling that was it when you said you had a secret… congratulations!! I wish your family all the best.

7. Amy

Congrats, Jess! Now you’ll have to add onto you tatt!

8. Congrats. I hope you make it to the 21st since its my birthday also. But also not because 5 days late is hella long

9. Hooray!!! Congratulations! I had a funny feeling you were going to have another baby soon. I’m so happy for you guys! Nolan is going to be the most awesome big brother ever! P.S. My birthday is 10/17 so you know I’m routing for you to go into labor a day late! Will you find out the gender?

1. Thank you Sarah!!! Of COURSE I’ll find out the gender, hells if I could know RIGHT NOW I totally would find out haha!!! October 17th is a nice day too šŸ˜‰

10. Yayyyyy!!! I’m so happy for you guys! Congratulations on this new bundle of joy! Nine months will pass quicker than you think lol.

11. Congrats! BABY FEVER, 9 months will be here and gone! Everyone is pregnant except for me, but no worries I’ll have mine when I have more time. LOL

JESS + MATT = cutest babies on the planet!
    Can’t wait! (With my first pregnancy I spilled the beans early too)

1. No worries, nobody’s putting pressure on you {I hope} to have #2! Do it when you’re ready šŸ™‚

Thanks so much!!! hehe we do make pretty adorable babies, and so do you!!!

12. Leesy

I have been reading your blog for years and don’t comment very often, but just had to say CONGRATS!

13. Congrats! I didn’t need maternity clothes until 20 weeks with Landon, but with Hannah I needed them at like 10 weeks! It’s crazy how fast you pop the second time around. And you’re right, these next 9 months will fly by super fast. Best of luck with the pregnancy and remember to get your rest šŸ™‚

14. Also, I had to laugh when I heard you say “fertile myrtle” because that’s exactly how my mother refers to me! Hahaha.

15. “Iā€™m trying not to get too offended by the fact that I can barely see my box when I sit down to pee ” – my goodness i love you.

i almost crapped my pants when i got the pee stick picture via blackberry. you have such a beautiful life, and you have EVERY reason to be positive about this pregnancy. your little peanut is so lucky to be born into such an awesome little family who already loves him/her SO much.

i’m so stoked to follow along during this new adventure! i missed it the first time around, so i’m totally looking forward to all the baby bump pictures and bbm’s saying “OH MY FUCK, I JUST BARFED UP MY LUNCH”, etc.

i love you mama. i love matty and nolan and your little bean! i am so very happy and excited for you. AND BONUS: i get to see your big belly in june. counting down the days.

xx

1. Awwwh thank you so much Elle! You’re so sweet! Can’t wait to share the hilarious stories and send you funny bbms too šŸ˜€ also: I’m excited for June!

16. I love you call it your box! I gotta steal that one.
    Allow me to formally bestow my formal congratulations!
    šŸ˜€

17. congratulations mama!!! i am so rediculously excited for you. i read it on twitter and was so hyped i made my way over here to see if there was anything posted yet. also, i love that you called your lady parts your box. lol’d. i hope you have a healthy, easy pregnancy. and i hope you post every detail for us to gobble up and live vicariously through you. congrats again. all the best to you and your beautiful growing family my dear.

18. CONGRATULATIONS! I’m so excited for you! (well, for anyone as long as it’s not me)

19. Congratulations šŸ™‚ I was wondering if all those baby fever posts were leading somewhere :p
    We’re so close to be able to start trying and I hope it happens for us just as quickly! Such exciting news.

20. That is INCREDIBLE news and I am so happy for you! Nolan is gonna have so much fun being a big brother =)

Congrats! <3

21. Karen in Oz

CONGRATS šŸ™‚
    Soooooo happy for you šŸ™‚

1. Karen in Oz

Whoops I was so excited with your news. I forgot to say wishing you a happy and healthy nine months šŸ™‚

22. J from Ireland

Ah now this is great news, congratulations!!
    My 3yr old daughter was born on the 16th of October, cool date.

23. Wow, congrats Jess! All the best for a safe & healthy pregnancy šŸ™‚