The Weekend

I’ve been MIA since the 25th – I know, it’s odd. Usually I blog once {or even twice} but this weekend was just so draining on me that I just didn’t have the energy. I still don’t, so this post is going to suck a whole lot!

Our week was pretty lame because Matt had an epic cough and cold and was being a super baby about it. You know how men can be! Nolan also developed his cough and runny nose, but still was himself…running around having a blast. On Friday, Matt came home early from school because he was that sick. We let him sleep. After Nolan and I woke from a nap {cause now I’ve been napping when he does – smart move, haha}, we went to Walmart to buy diapers and other important essentials. I sort of spoiled him, just a little…

We saw the dinosaur raincoat and rainboots and we just had to buy them…how ridiculously cute are they? Nolan loves dinosaurs. I also decided to buy a potty seat. We have an actual potty but Nolan doesn’t like it at all AND he always tries to wear the inside part {where they pee} as a hat. So, yeah. He picked out that car potty seat. I’m not entirely sure how it’s supposed to keep pee from going every where, since the “boy guard” goes downwards and not upwards, but at least Nolan liked sitting on it.

Step one, right? Hopefully he’ll pee soon!

Saturday was a slightly better day. We had to go to the mall to deposit a cheque, and we did a little shopping…we bought Nolan the cutest Melissa & Doug car carrier truck. He’s in love with it!

We didn’t bring a stroller to the mall, instead Matt and I each held Nolan’s hands and he walked all around! He was so stoked about it too, like it was the greatest thing ever – and it was! He’s such a little boy now, it’s actually quite ridiculous. He ran up to a group of girls by the food court and said “Oh HEY!” and smiled a flirtatious smile at them. Then we had lunch in the food court together!!

After that, I finally got my eyebrows done, they were in dire need of a good waxing. I feel so much better! While I was in getting them waxed, Matt took Nolan for a little cruise around the mall and bought me a gift…

Chocolates! NOM NOM! I didn’t even ask for them lol. Sometimes, Matt surprises me and it’s awesome 🙂
Saturday night, I attempted to make spaghetti. Attempted being the key word here. Meat of any sort makes me feel nauseous and sick. Matt had to take over and finish it, and I could only eat garlic bread. Sadness.
But Matt was very helpful with clean up too, so luckily I didn’t have to do that either. Dirty dishes trigger the nausea too. 
Sunday was not a very good day though, unfortunately. Sunday marked my first puke-fest with more than just bile – so that was gross, and yucky. I hate throwing up! I couldn’t eat anything until like 2pm, and all I could get down was an apple and a glass of water. Needless to say, I was in a bad grumpy mood all day long 🙁

Thank goodness for tons of cuddles and laughs with Nolan!

 This is the bag his new truck toy came in. He kept checking it for new toys!
Then he’d look up and go “Where’s the caaaaaaarrr?” lol

Nolan’s pure awesomeness totally saved Sunday from being a total write off…funny how kids do that huh? We watched Monsters vs Aliens together and cuddled.

There was also one point where Nolan had a very in-depth conversation with the baby on his diaper box:

Totally hilarious. It was as if he was saying “hey baby, can I get your number?!” lmao.

Sunday dinner was a funny occasion, and I could luckily eat a little bit and keep it down. Nolan kept making ridiculously adorable faces! And he was quite the conversationalist during this dinner, chattering nonstop…probably about the baby on the diaper box or something!

I got out of dish duty again, even though Matt made dinner, so that was awesome. I got to give Nolan a bath and that’s always super fun. Nolan loves his bath! Now he says “doodles!” and points at the sink when he wants the crayola bath crayons. Such fun!

When Nolan was in bed, Matt and I watched He’s Just Not That Into You and Without A Paddle before I went to bed at like 10pm. I wish I could say I finally got a good nights sleep…but thanks to my darn cat that wasn’t the case. Again, she was up at 3am meowing and coming in and out of the bedroom {with the squeaky door opening and closing}. I feel like it’s getting progressively worse, and I’m not impressed. I have no idea how to get this to stop!! I love my kitty, but I also need my sleep. We won’t be finding her a new home because we love her too much and I read this story once about a “cat rescuer” who used to torture and kill the cats he rescued so…ya. My kitty is safest with me….but I really want the meowing and the I must wake EVERYONE UP NOW urge she has to stop so we can all live peacefully and be well rested.

She even does it during nap time now.

Honestly? This cat gets more cuddles and love than any other cat I know. We’re constantly petting her, giving her love, and playing with her. The only time we don’t is when we’re sleeping and she has this hate on for that. What the hell do I do?! This can’t continue, especially when the new baby arrives. We all know how difficult it is to get a new baby to sleep when you need to sleep…and if she wakes up the new baby like she wakes up the rest of us, well I don’t think that’d go over well!!

Anyway, speaking of the new baby…I am now seven weeks pregnant and according to Baby Center

“Hands and feet are emerging from developing arms and legs — although they look more like paddles at this point than the tiny, pudgy extremities you’re daydreaming about holding and tickling. Technically, your baby is still considered an embryo and has something of a small tail, which is an extension of her tailbone. The tail will disappear within a few weeks, but that’s the only thing getting smaller. Your baby has doubled in size since last week and now measures half and inch long, about the size of a blueberry.”

So yay! Baby is the size of a blueberry! I didn’t get a 7 week belly picture yet…I haven’t been feeling {or looking!} the greatest so ya. Fail?

Today is my first day having the girls after legitimately starting to get pukey sick. So I’m nervous. They won’t be arriving until 4:30, but yeah. Tomorrow will probably be the killer, since I’ll have them at 7:45 and in the morning is my really pukey time.

So yeah, I hope this post made up for my lack of posting on the weekend! I also hope you all had a great weekend! I’ll be back a little later with another post, since I’ve already rambled on too long in this one 😉

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *