Hidey Seek

Last night, when Nolan was in bed, Matt and I decided to set up his Toy Story 2 tent that his Auntie Nat and Uncle D bought him. I couldn’t wait to see his face, and I even made Matt come downstairs ahead of us so he could take pictures of his expression!

 When he went inside, he declared a game of hidey-seek. haha, so cute!
We also opened up his Magic Etch A Sketch! I had one when I was a kid, so did Matt, so we were both stoked to see him try it out…
 So very concentrated
Sketch is also a big fan of the “hidey-seek” tent!
Nolan’s really enjoying all his new Christmas toys, and I’m really enjoying watching him enjoy them, and playing with him! 
I still haven’t opened up the rest of his presents, or started to organize his old toys. I plan on keeping some old toys, the ones that Archer will be interested in at 6 months and stuff, but Nolan has a serious amount of toys so most of them need to go and I really wanted to donate them somewhere! So I placed a call into the transitional house, to see if they accept toy donations. If not, I’m going to see if the EYC could use them. 
 Also, I don’t know if you follow me on Twitter or not, but last night was a pretty difficult baby night. At 5pm, Nolan accidentally smacked heads with Archer when he was trying to climb on the couch beside us. Archer cried for a good ten minutes but I was able to calm him down shortly after. He didn’t have a bump or a bruise, and it was just a little red for about 10 minutes. After we put Nolan down, Archer let me know he was hungry, so I tried to nurse him on my right boob. Then he freaked right out, and I couldn’t calm him down for the life of me. I called my MIL, and she recommended giving him a little Tempra as he could have a headache. So we did that, and after 15 minutes he calmed back down but refused to nurse on my right boob {his left side, where they bumped heads} for the rest of the night, even after I pumped off {thinking that it was just too “full”}. I had to get up at 5am to pump off on that side because it was SO full that I had leaked through my nursing pad AND shirt and it just wasn’t stopping. I managed to get like 5 ounces in a matter of 5-7 minutes ahah!
I was really worried, but I’m thinking the whole boob refusal thing was just a coincidence, because a lot of mama’s on Twitter said they experienced a boob refusal at some point during their nursing times. Plus, this morning he nursed on my right boob fine. Of course, he could have just had a headache and laying on that side yesterday might have just hurt. But he is fine today, so all is well!
And, since I was able to pump lots of milk in the past 12 hours {10 ounces! WOO!}, I’m going to be taking Nolan outside to play in the snow later today! It’s super cold out, but I figure the fresh air will do us both good, and Daddy can hang out with Archer. I hope that somehow the snow will be packing snow, but we’ll see. Usually up North it’s too cold until about MARCH for packing snow haha. Still, I can pull Nolan around in his sled, and make snow angels 🙂
Now, I’ve got to run because Nolan is bringing me over all his Christmas books, so it’s story time!

No Comments

  1. The tent pics are great. Hannah and Landon bonk heads about 12 times a day, she doesn't cry anymore. Good for you for breast feeding. I never did it but it definitely seems more complicated than it looks.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *