No Comments

1. Haha, right? That is the scary part. A lot of romance writers will use a cover name unless they’re really big. I don’t really have hardcore sex scenes (at least that I’m putting my name on). It’s “And they went into his room.” Done.

1. Hardcore sex scenes. All up in this book lmao. Ahhhh. I’m also going to use initials and maiden name as my pen name. OH MY GOD.

1. So don’t tell them it released 😛 Tell them it never pulled through. Personally, I’m pretty nonchalant about what my family reads of mine. At parties and such I’m that guy who you know he’s going to say what he’s thinking, but a part of you really wishes he’d stop. Another part of you is laughing inside. Very hard.

2. Canadian author Timothy Findley didn’t start writing much in the way of graphic sex scenes until he was well into his writing career. When asked in an interview what had changed for him that made him write more freely about sex, his response was, “My mother died.”

3. There’s going to be a sequel?! Yes!!!!

I used to freak out about that all the time. My great-grandmother reads my books! But I flat out asked my grandmothers what they thought of all the swears and sex and stuff, and they told me they didn’t care; they just wanted to read my books.

So, my advice to you is don’t sweat it. If they like it, they’ll become your biggest supporters—which is pure gold in my case, because my family loves to read and they are huge champions of my books. I mean, I write about blow jobs and strippers. If my ninety-something-year-old great grandmother can still enjoy them, I think everyone can. 😀

1. Thanks Liz! And there might be, I’m getting demands for one already lol

4. Karen

Like I said before, your dad will be proud of you and knowing him, he’ll probably never mention those parts! And YAY to a sequel! Can you write it tonight so I can read it? Lol!

1. Haha oh you’re so silly! I will try to get it to you within the next few weeks lol

5. Can’t wait to read it! Well, I honestly don’t let my family know when I’ve written something racy (and believe it or not, I write some ridiculously sexual things). But if one of my kids wrote something like that, knowing I’ve always been cool with sex in general, I’m pretty sure I’d read it with no problems.

1. Thanks Byron. I don’t think my dad would mind either but considering I have always been one to pretend I’m a virigin (even now – LOL), I don’t know haha. I’m still nervous but I will get over it! I’m sure the excitement of being published would make it easier to deal with maybe.

6. I’ve always thought that the combined joy and “how you like me now?” that would come from getting a book published would easily bulldoze over the judgements and the awkwardness of people actually reading what I wrote.

1. I never thought of it that way…I’m sure you’re right! Hopefully I’ll know for sure soon 😉 hehe