12 Comments

1. I know it’s daunting, but I promise you will get through this challenging time. I’m solo parenting right now and it’s hard but I’m doing it. I don’t have chronic pain so that’s an added thing. But i do have depression, anxiety and ADHD and I’m functioning solo with kiddos. You can do it. I know how strong you are and I have complete faith in you.

1. Thank you Sarah…it helps hearing that it isn’t impossible. It sure does seem like it in my head!

2. tierney

It sucks- sometimes you just need to hear that whatever you’re dealing with sucks. The other thing you need to hear is you can do it. Do your best to plan ahead and you’ll be fine. Seek out easy dinners. If a friend offers to come over ask if they don’t mind throwing in that load of laundry into the wash. On my bad pain days, my friends are my backbone. Use their support, their there to offer it. You’ll do fine- I promise!

1. Thank you Tierney! That’s a good idea too. I’m definitely going to have to plan ahead, maybe see if a couple of those close to me can help with meals…or do frozen ones lol

3. Verlene

You can do hard things! It’ll be difficult at times, and from somewhere, somehow you will draw the strength and stamina. Just keep your eye on the prize, on the end game when you can say, “I DID IT! I did yet another hard thing!” You go, girl, I know you got this. 🙂

1. Thank you Verlene! That’s going to be the plan lol. One day at a time… achievement unlocked!

4. Need a taser? Those things are great for obedience training. My sister-in-law is in a fairly similar situation. My brother is usually gone from the time the kids wake up to the time they go to bed, with a few exceptions. He tries to be there more, but his job simply won’t allow him to. My nephew is that handful child. Be patient and loving. Taser them when required. As for potty training, the more you fight him the more he will fight you. The more you don’t care, the more he will. We didn’t push Desmond to use the toilet. Suddenly one day he broke in on one of us doing it and wanted to learn. He’s been slow at it, but the will is (sometimes) there.

1. Yes I do! Do you have one? Lol. It sucks when our jobs call us away from our families, but it’s a neccessary evil…we need money to live.

5. You are wise to share it here, and I thank you for doing that. It will be a challenge. But you might find out how resilient you are and there might be a chance to get the kids to help you, too. It’s certainly easy for me to say that, I realize.

1. Very true, on all accounts. It will be a challenge, and an opportunity to discover how resilient I am. I can definitely encourage them to help more too, Nolan already knows he’s “the man of the house” when daddy is gone, he’s decided he will be in charge of making pancakes lol.

6. My wife is going away for about a week in August. I’ll be alone with our two girls, 5 and 1. I’ve been worried about it since I knew about the trip, months ago. One week. Not as much as you’ll be dealing with, but I know we’ll both do fine. By the way, the fact that we worry is a sign that we are not failing as parents. It means we care and at the end of the day, that’s the main thing because none of us are perfect.

1. That’s true, the worrying shows we care! Best of luck on your week! Try not to take my horror stories too seriously, my boys are a breed of trouble and chaos lol