I have been in a strange place lately. Getting momentum and motivation to go about my day has become a challenge. I just want to sleep in.
I’m sure, I hope that all parents have days like that…days where they long to turn off all responsibility and just sleep.
I’m sore, I’m cranky and irritable. I miss my partner, my love. I miss sharing every day tasks so they don’t feel so overwhelming and great.
Truthfully…the last few weeks have flown by. I’ve kept busy, kept pushing even when I didn’t want to do anything. I guess I’ve just run out of fumes because it’s harder for me to do that now.
I was keeping busy with play dates and coffee dates. I went to see a movie with my friends on Monday. We saw Maleficent, and it was incredible. I got my ticket to see OneRepublic in Toronto with Jill later this month, and have made tentative plans to head to my sister’s trailer for a designated “sister weekend”. I’m trying to jam pack the month that Matt is home with him and I time, family time, and me time so that it won’t feel so terrible when he heads back. It’s hard to fit everything I want to do into a month, but I can try.
Even though I have no motivation and momentum left for this month, this time alone…I know it’ll come back upon Matt’s return. A fresh outlook, a second wind.
Here is my bucket list for Matt’s month off:
1. Go camping as a family at least once.
2. Spend a romantic weekend away. (I’m using the term “romantic” to basically describe sleeping in and focusing on the two of us…)
3. Take the kids to Wonderland.
4. Go on hikes, go to the beach.
5. Visit Camp 30.
6. Take the kids to the zoo and Science Centre.
7. Accomplish the “honey-do” list around the house (clean/organize basement, build a fence, rip up carpet, maybe redo the bathroom).
Even if we only accomplish half of what’s on that list, I’ll be happy.