Happy New Year everyone! I hope you all enjoyed your evening! We rang in the new year watching Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 and eating nachos. We were going to go check out the crazy fun my neighbors were having, but honestly we were bagged after taking three kids out for dinner and to see a movie. It’s almost like my husband and I conveniently forget how exhausting it is to take kids to the movies. 😉
Either way, it was a chill, relaxing night for us and we stayed up til midnight to do our traditional New Years kiss before passing out.
The potential I feel this morning is immeasurable. It’s a new day, a new year! 2016 was a challenging year but a good one, and I know 2017 will bring it’s own set of challenges and epic things, and I’m so ready for it!
I sat down shortly after making my morning coffee to write out a list of personal and work goals for 2017 (and a rough draft of my production timeline). It wouldn’t be January 1st if I didn’t share my list of goals with the world, right?
Work Goals for 2017:
- Publish 3.5 books by December 31st. Yes, this includes Rebel Song and another two novel ideas I have kicking around in my head as well as another Christmas novella. Perhaps this novella will feature other, older characters from different series, or perhaps it’ll feature brand new characters…I don’t know yet, but either way I’m putting it out there!
- Do at least two signing events. So far, I’ve got Romancing The Falls officially lined up!
- Do another Chapters signing. Especially since the first one was so much fun! This time, I’m considering going to a Chapters in Toronto.
- Write more articles for other websites. I sort of dropped the ball on that last year–I didn’t write as often as I should have for the places I contribute too. It was a mixture of several life changes, stress, and lack of time management. This year? I’m going to focus on managing my time better and not letting life kick me down to the point where it affects my work.
- Blog more. Seriously, I only had like 11 pages of posts from all of 2016. That’s abnormal for me! I used to blog once a day, sometimes twice a day, every day for years. I would write about literally everything from waxing eyebrows to dealing with complicated family drama. Since then, I’ve learned that not everything needs to be shared, but surely I could amp up my blog posting to at least three times a week.
Production Goals for 2017:
- Rebel Song — to publish in March.
- Top Secret Book 1 — to publish in July.
- Top Secret Book 2 — to publish in November.
- Christmas novella — to publish in December.
Personal Goals for 2017:
- Drink more water and eat healthier.
- Finish paying off all debts and start saving for a down payment on a house!
- Go on more adventures–travel to local ghost towns, try new foods, camp in a different provincial park.
- Spend more time up North!
- Read 100 books. I’ve already set my reading challenge goal on Goodreads and I intend on crossing one book off by the end of the day. Writing and dealing with the fallout of my old publisher closing took up the majority of my reading time and I didn’t discover the challenge until the end of the year, but this year I’m on it. Reading keeps creativity flowing, and if I want to publish 3.5 books this year, I’ll need to keep the creativity flowing!
What are your goals or resolutions for the new year?